Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day



I would like to pay tribute to my mother today. I do miss being able to pick her out a card and give her a hug and kiss. Even though I'm not able to see her on Mother's Day, I am forever grateful for the 37 years I had with her. When I think about missing my Mama, I think about what I miss the most. That is a her love that only my Mama can give. I remember when my oldest daughter was 3 years old. She would quote Johnny Bravo (in an Elvis voice) saying "Nobody loves ya like ya Mama". It was so hilarious but so true. Nobody will ever love you like ya Mama. She made me feel so special. My Mama loved me so much. I loved her too. I loved being her baby. She taught me how to live and how to die. I will never forget on her birthday (Feb 8,2006) when I gave her birthday card to her she began to cry and said "I'll be waiting for you". She passed away 12 days later. I know that I will see her again. I am so glad that I know Jesus Christ as my Savior. Without Him I don't know what I would do. I have a hope in Him that I will see my Mama again. But until then, I will cherish the memories that I have of her and my Daddy. The picture above is of my Mama her last Christmas with her grandchildren.

I would like to also say how thankful I am to be a mother. I have the greatest daughters in the world (see their picture above). I cherish my relationship with them. I love being a mother. I pray that I will be the mother to them that the Lord wants to be. I am so proud of them. They are smart and beautiful, but even if they were dumb and ugly, I'd still be grateful.

In all things, praise the Lord. I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

Leah Belle said...

great post, girl. sorry i've missed you on the phone lately. we are back home now. i'm anxious to hear about JoAnn. i'll try to call this weekend. love you.

Anonymous said...

I loved your mama too. She was very special. I'm thankful Leah and Logan have you as their mommy, you are very special too!