Thursday, May 3, 2007

Happy Birthday

I would like to give a shout out to my friend Candy. She celebrated her birthday on Tuesday. She and I have been friends since 7th grade. We became inseparateable our Junior year of HS. It's hard to believe that was that was 20 years ago. We have a lot of great memories. She was a member of our family. She ate many-a-meal at our house (her favorite being my Mama's spaghetti). We had some great times. I told her that we were content to have $2 to put gas in my Toyota Corolla and $5 for us to eat at Hardees. Today if we only had $2 to put in the tank, Hardees would have to be right across the street. We've shared a lot of great memories. Here's just a few things we've shared.
1. The Shakers- Lip-singing to Motown
2. Winter 1986 - Sickness and a garbage bag
3. Swimming at the Colony Apts. Learning to dive.
4. Summer 1987 - Worked summer job at Hardees. We had to be at work at 6 am
5. Almost Carowinds!
6. Buenos Dios!
7. Rhinestone and Top Secret
8. Graduated together- Class of '88 is great!
9.. We both married our husbands in 1993.
10. We were in each other's weddings
11. We both had our first baby in 1997.
12. She was my nurse when I had my second.
Wow! (Candy, I'm sure you will probably have more to add.)

We don't get to hang out as much as we used to. We are all grown up now (well maybe a little) and have families of own. We usually talk to each other at least twice a month. No matter what, we know we can depend on each other.
Happy Birthday Candy!!
Love ya Candy Elaine Brain!!

1 comment:

Leah Belle said...

ooooo great post. it was fun to read!