Monday, October 22, 2007

GLORY! GLORY

I am alive! Several have commented they're tired of seeing the orange walls of my bathroom. I decided tonight was the night to update my blog.
Shawn and I were able to go with the group of Senior Citizens (Frontrunners) from our church to the Gloryfest conference in Pigeon Forge. We had a great time! They kept us hopping the whole time. We enjoyed our time with everyone. It was great getting to know each other better and laugh and cry together. You all know I do both quite often. While we were there, we heard some great messages by some great men of God. Junior Hill, Bobby Welch and Dan Spencer were the preachers. They all brought great messages. We learned in Psalms 37, not to fret. Junior Hill compared the word 'fret' to the phrase; 'that burns me up'. When we grumble and complain, we become critical people. When we're critical, we tend to spread it "among the brethen"! Critical people are discouragers, not encouragers. When we act that way, we also confuse the lost. They don't understand why we say we love Jesus, but we act like man. Bobby Welch spoke on moving forward with the Lord. Get past your past, live for today. See what the Lord wants you to do today and guard your future. Seek God's will for your life. I just remembered another message that Junior Hill brought to us. He used Paul as an example about how the Lord can take our weaknesses and make us stong. Nothing's impossible with God! God's best servents are those who are totally dependant on the Lord for His guidance and direction through the power of the Holy Spirit. We don't have to be eloqent, savvy and have all the answers to speak for the Lord. We just need to be obedient and faithful to the Lord and seek His will for our lives. I cannot remember who said this but I like it.; "God's will for your life is not under a rock somewhere for you to find. God's will is found one right decision at a time". In life, we have many decisions to make, both great and small. We need to let God lead us to make the right choices. I know behind a shadow of a doubt that God has a plan for my life and I don't want to mess it up. I love this portion of Psalm 37, which states "Trust in the Lord, and do good, Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" AMEN! SHOW NUFF!!

2 comments:

Leah Belle said...

Glad you're back in blog world.

Anonymous said...

i didn't mind looking at the orange..gotta see it in person

I miss the Rudd's!!!!